If you are a U.S. citizen residing in Canada, you are required to file a U.S. income tax return annually and report your worldwide income.

This means that in addition to filing a Canadian tax return you must also continue to file a U.S. tax return.

Double Taxation

Although you have to file and report in both countries, your U.S. filing contains a number of exemptions and credits that ensures that most of the double taxation is eliminated. However, differences between the two countries means that at times, there may be some double taxation.

We can help you file your U.S. taxes and provide the background and planning to help you reduce and/or eliminate the double taxation.

We Can Help With U.S. Taxes

If you feel you have U.S. filing obligations or would like to discuss your situation, you can arrange appointment to have your U.S. taxes filed or brought up to date.